A new favorite, spicy BBQ air fryer chicken wings, is going to dazzle your mouth with the sweet taste of honey and the tangy kick of spicy barbeque sauce--no grill required.
These air fryer chicken wings are extremely easy to make. All you have to do is coat them with a seasoned cornstarch blend. Spritz them with cooking spray after they are coated, and pop them in the air fryer until they are crispy.
Can I eat these chicken wings without the sauce?
If you don't want to make your own sauce for these air fryer wings, you can always use your favorite BBQ sauce or even eat them plain. The cornstarch coating is well seasoned. You will NOT be eating bland wings if you forgo the sauce.
Air Fryer Honey Barbeque Chicken Wings
Air fryer honey bbq wings tossed in a doctored up bbq sauce.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound about 5-6 chicken wings
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray as needed
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Chopped parsley optional garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and pat dry all the chicken wings with a paper towel.
- Stir together the cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a large, shallow bowl.
- Toss the chicken into the seasoning mixture and coat thoroughly. Rub seasonings in to make sure they stick to the chicken. After the wings are well covered in seasonings, coat the wings with cooking spray.
- Place wings in the air fryer and cook for 9 minutes on each side. Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Make sure the chicken’s internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit before it comes out of the air fryer.
- While the wings are cooking, bring the barbeque sauce, honey, brown sugar, orange juice, ketchup, and soy sauce to a simmer in a medium sized saucepan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside for now.
- As soon as the chicken comes out of the air fryer, toss it in the waiting honey barbeque sauce until coated.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley as a garnish, optional.
Leave a Reply