This post may contain affiliate links.
This air fryer kielbasa recipe is so simple to make any day of the week and can be served for any meal. Try it on busy weeknights with a side of rice and green beans or as a substitute for traditional breakfast sausage. This air-fried kielbasa would be a great addition to a breakfast board.
Cooking kielbasa sausages isn't difficult. They can be roasted in the oven or pan-fried on the stove top, but I love cooking this type of sasage in the air fryer because it's hands off and you can cook other side dishes without having to babysit the sausages too much.
This kielbasa air fryer recipe is just as easy as making hot dogs, breakfast sausages or Italian sausages in the air fryer. Kielbasa is very well seasoned already and has a smoky flavor that the whole family will love.
- Whole kielbasa sausage- use polska kielbasa. For this recipe, I used beef kielbasa, but you can use turkey kielbasa or pork kielbasa
- Barbecue sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
Slice the kielbasa into ½ inch thick slices and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Let cook and gently shake the basket once halfway through the cooking process so the sausage pieces brown evenly.
👩🏾🍳What to serve with air fryer kielbasa sausage
- Breakfast - serve the sausages with scrambled eggs and biscuits, waffles or pancakes.
- Lunch - use a sub roll and make a sandwich with the air fryer sausages and sauteed jalapenos and onions. Top with provolone cheese and place back in the air fryer tray for a minute to melt the cheese.
- Dinner - serve this air fryer sausage with white rice, baby potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes or potato salad for a quick meal.
- Appetizer- use coctail forks or frilled toothpicks to dip the sausage pieces into your favorite dipping sauce or spicy mustard.
- Sausage omelette - Cut the large chunks of leftover sausage into smaller pieces and reheat them in a skillet with a little olive oil. Scramble 3 eggs in a small bowl and pour into the skillet to make a kielbasa omelet. Top the finished omelet with pico de gallo or a few slices of avocado.
- Foil packets- Place the sliced kielbasa sausage in a sheet of aluminium foil with canned whole potatoes, sliced onion and sweet peppers. Season the vegetables with garlic powder and black pepper. Make the foil packets by sealing the foil tightly. Cook them in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. This makes a delicious one-dish dinner and the cleanup is so easy because all of the grease from the Kielbasa is contained in the foil.
I used a 6 qt capacity air fryer for this recipe. If you have a smaller air fryer, just be sure not to overcrowd the sausages while they are cooking.
The best way to store any leftover smoked sausage is in an airtight container once the kielbasa slices have cooled off.
You don't have to shake the basket during the cooking process, but if you want a more even cook, be sure to shake it carefully so the grease doesn't spill out of the air fryer basket.
📖Printable Recipe Card
How to Make Kielbasa in the Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer 6 qt
- Polska Kielbasa Smoked sausage rope 14 ounces
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, cut the kielbasa into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the kielbasa pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not overcrowded to allow for even cooking.
- Cook the kielbasa at 400°F for approximately 6 to 8minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the kielbasa and the specific air fryer model you are using.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, pause the air fryer and shake the basket or use tongs to flip the kielbasa pieces. This will help ensure that they cook evenly on all sides.
- Continue cooking for the remaining 1 to 2 minutes or until the kielbasa is browned and heated through.